Friday, December 3, 2010

12/3/10

well here it is the end of the week again and I realize that I haven't updated you all in over a week! I apologize once again for the late post! I could come up with a million excuses, but once again, it is simpler just to say that a life as a missionary even when back in the states is just as busy and sometimes unorganized! :)

So since i updated everyone last here are some of the happenings:

My parents left for Haiti before thanksgiving for a wedding that was happening there on Thursday! They had a great trip and safe travels; Praise the Lord!

While they were gone i was able to decorate their house for them for Christmas and celebrate thanksgiving with our other parents (Justin's parents)! We were able to visit with much family and had a blast. I also got to spend time with my niece while my brother and sister attempted some of that black friday shopping!

On Sunday evening we enjoyed a wonderful presentation with Lakeside Baptist Church. My emphasis on the word wonderful has nothing to do with how we presented, but with the great love we were greeted into the church body with and the response afterward! What a great fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ!

I was blesssed with attending mine and Annika's baby shower this monday as well. We raised enough money for diapers :)...then we found a lil bit of a less expensive brand of diapers on line and were also able to purchase a few other necessities for the baby as well as are being given a lightly used pack n play and recieved of course some adorable cloths (what baby cloths aren't adorable!).

Wednesday night at Piney Point was another great message on prayer and really got my husband and i focused on prayer for the crusade, which we had sadly not been full heart praying for previously. We thank the Lord for opening our eyes and breaking our hearts for souls to be saved at the crusade this upcoming weekend at Piney Point (call if you'd like to attend 6pm dinner 7pm service).

And then for a final catch up, yesterday was my last appointment for every other week and we are already now going to the dr. once a week, as lil ms. annika should be here in one month from today!! The dr. said everything looks really good, especially for a first time pregnancy. She said the baby's head is really low, but she made it seem like it was a good thing, not that we should be expecting any early birthing! :) Then last night we enjoyed our thanksgiving meal with my parents and siblings (since they were in Haiti the week before and we already had all the food!). It was a blessing to sit around and hear what everyone was thankful for. The greatest joy i had was hearing all the growth and strength in the individual marriages and just to know the Lord is strong in my parents lives, my siblings lives and the lives of Justin and I as couples. Also what a blessing it is to have my sister here from Haiti!

On Sunday we get to visit with and look forward to seeing brothers and sisters in Christ at 2nd Baptist Church in Siloam Springs!

God Bless and hopefully I will be posting again soon!
The White Family

No comments:

Post a Comment